Historic Changes to Ontario OHSA
January 11, 2018 at 10:14 AM
In the most far-reaching changes made to the Ontario Occupational Health & Safety Act (OHSA) in over 15 years, the government has moved to, amongst other matters, triple corporate OHS penalties and quadruple individual OHS penalties.
The amendments are made in a Bill titled the Stronger, Fairer Ontario Act (Budget Measures), 2017 (Bill 177).
Key Changes include:
- Tripled Corporate OHS Fees
- Quadrupled Individual OHS Fines
- Limitation Period for Changes Expanded
- New Reportable Incident - Structural Inadequacy
- Further Reportable Incidents May Be Added to Regulations
- Potential Further Expansion to Content and Timing of Reportable Injury Notices
For more information, please click here.