Welcome to the OSSGA Job Bank/Classifieds Section. All OSSGA member companies and their volunteers are invited to post opportunities in the stone, sand and gravel industry, or openings with Associate member companies.
Detailed job openings/classifieds are posted for 45-days, or until the expiry date has passed. Members can access the website, 24/7, to review opportunities.
For more information, contact Richard Hillier, Manager, Communications, at (905) 507-0711 ext. 206.
Senior Aggregate Resources Engineer
Are you a professional engineer with a background in aggregate resource management and seeking an opportunity to apply your expertise in the field of highway engineering? If so, consider bringing your skills to the Provincial Highways Management Division of the Ministry of Transportation.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this position, you will:
• provide supervision to engineers and/or technicians in the conduct of field and/or laboratory projects or investigations.
• plan and make recommendations for external innovative systems, methodology and equipment to evaluate/consider for applicability to the ministry programs
• provide engineering expertise, counsel, and technical support to both ministry staff and outside requestors in all areas of aggregates.
• participate on internal and external technical committees or task groups dealing with ministry/industry issues
Note: You will be required to travel throughout the region to places not accessible by public transit.
How do I qualify?
• You are a Professional Engineer, licensed with the Association of Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO).
Aggregate Resources and Policy Knowledge
• You have advanced knowledge of the theory, principles and practices of geological engineering and aggregate technology.
• You know and can apply various construction materials or products and construction techniques, and have knowledge of ministry standards related to soils and aggregates engineering and technology.
• You have thorough knowledge of quality assurance methods and techniques and recognized industry standards and specifications (e.g. ASTM), statistical analysis techniques, and testing and evaluation (i.e. equipment and methods).
• You can comprehend, critically assess and apply existing provincial policies, legislation, regulations and land use plans related to the identification, assessment, operation, distribution and rehabilitation of aggregate resources.
• You can manage the administrative oversight of the compliance framework for ministry aggregate sources and implement audit protocols to verify compliance with provincial aggregates policies, legislation, regulations and standards.
• You can develop policies, standards, specifications and operating guidelines and to make appropriate and effective recommendations for present and future operational needs.
• You have experience developing recommendations for new or revised policies, standards, specifications, operating guidelines, legislation, regulations, and innovative technologies, processes, equipment, products and systems to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of ministry operations.
Interpersonal and Leadership Skills
• You have the demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and to communicate effectively to a range of audiences.
• You have excellent networking skills to liaise with engineering materials professionals and with peers to facilitate shared information resources, participate on committees to maintain awareness of new technologies and opportunities.
• You have demonstrated project management and leadership skills to motivate staff and to provide supervision to engineers and/or technicians and/or consultants.
• You have demonstrated experience planning and leading various laboratory and field study projects/investigations, including providing input into performance appraisals and recommending training or actions to address employee or project issues.
• You have excellent technical writing skills to develop and write formal specifications and technical reports for construction materials and procedures, aggregates and construction related issues.
• you can prepare briefing notes, directives, presentations letters and emails using computer software (e.g. MSOffice).
• You possess excellent speaking and oral presentation skills to deliver briefings, seminars and training to staff and external clients.
Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills
• You have demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills to resolve unique and/or complex design, construction, maintenance and performance problems related to aggregates.
• You have problem-solving skills to solving unique and/or highly complex technical or engineering problems regarding the use of aggregates in the ministry's design, construction and maintenance operations.
Salary Range: $82,569 - $117,373 per year
- 1 Permanent, 145 Sir William Hearst Ave, Toronto, Toronto Region
Please apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 113295, by Wednesday, November 8, 2017. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.