Welcome to the OSSGA Job Bank/Classifieds Section. All OSSGA member companies and their volunteers are invited to post opportunities in the stone, sand and gravel industry, or openings with Associate member companies.
Detailed job openings/classifieds are posted for 45-days, or until the expiry date has passed. Members can access the website, 24/7, to review opportunities.
For more information, contact Carly Holmstead, Communications Specialist, at (905) 507-0711 ext. 206, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Senior Manager of Materials
The Senior Manager of Materials is responsible for the overall production and profitability of the materials division at Fowler. This business unit includes our 26 quarries and pits, 3 asphalt plants and a large team of associates supporting asphalt, aggregates, sales, and quality control and regulatory compliance.
The successful candidate will have strong leadership skills coupled with practical, hands-on, industry management experience.
This role will be reporting directly to the President and work very closely with the Vice President. The Senior Manager of Materials will be a member of Fowlers Senior Management team.
Why work for us?
- 100% Employer paid medical and comprehensive dental benefits.
- Company vehicle.
- Company paid cell phone and laptop.
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Company perks
- Annual Bonus, RRSP match
- Development, training, coaching, motivation, performance management, recruitment, and succession planning
- Financial management and reporting
- Participate and present in monthly executive meetings and board meetings.
- Strategic expansion of our materials division.
- Seek out innovation in using new technologies and new product development.
- Focus on opportunities for continuous improvement within the Materials division.
- Responsible for analyzing and recommending capital improvements.
- Research and plan opportunities to increase, optimize performance and productions.
- Review equipment requirements
- Inventory management including cost controls.
- MNRF license compliance
- MECP compliance, applications, approvals, and amendments
- Health and Safety Compliance
- Liaise between other business units within Fowler – construction, winter maintenance, maintenance/ fleet management.
- Liaise with and maintain good working relationships with customers, neighbours, and community partners.
- Postsecondary degree in a related field such as manufacturing, construction and/or proven successful relevant work experience.
- 5+ years of progressive management experience.
- Strong problem identification and resolution skills.
- Exceptional communication skills –negotiating, relationship building, leadership.
- Self-motivated, high level of integrity and work ethic.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Travel to various sites/locations will be required.
- Indoor & outdoor environments; various weather conditions.
- Weekend and evening work may be required to meet the demands of the position.
To apply, please forward your resume to email@example.com
Fowler Construction is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Date posted: August 17, 2023